Here's something very interesting. Make sure to thank your parents if your name isn't Lisa, Brian, Helen, John, Ann or George:
Weird-named kids are luckier
CELEBRITIES who call their children strange names such as Princess Tiamii or Peaches have actually done them a favour, a new study reveals.
Certain sounds in a name or links with royalty can make people seem more successful, lucky, or attractive, according to psychologist Professor Richard Wiseman. His team polled more than 6000 people to determine their perception of certain names as part of a study to launch the Edinburgh International Science Festival.
People called James and Elizabeth are seen as the most successful. Jack and Lucy the luckiest and Sophie and Ryan the most attractive.
But Lisa and Brian are the most likely to fail, Helen and John are the unluckiest, and Ann and George are the least attractive.
I've bolded Lisa and Brian as I know these people, and it turns out, the Lisa and Brian I know do tend to Fail alot. Cheers guys.
2 comments:
Wait how does that study connect naming your baby something stupid to those findings for the pre-existing regular names?
Oh nevermind.
Post a Comment