29 March 2008

Roosters 10, Melbourne 6.

Picture from League HQ (Sydney Morning Herald)

To be honest, I was not fully confident to back the Roosters to win this game, maybe it was for this reason, why I stopped tipping. The Roosters, once again held their own against the benchmark team Melbourne, at the SFS.

The Roosters last year, were one of a few teams that managed to defy the storm from winning all their games. It appears that this has continued successfully at the early rounds of 2008.

Watching the live stats on nrl.com and listening to the live audio coverage provided by ABC radio, I hanged on to my seat and witnessed the very tight game. From memory, I heard them commentate on David Shillington's two tremendous hits on the storm's half back Cooper Cronk and some other noob, alot of drop ball from both teams, and the fullback wars that almost had Minichello score a try, up yours Tim Bailey.. I mean Billy Slater, stopping Minichello was not on.

It was Shaun-Kenny Dowall (winger) who scored the only try for the Roosters, with Captain Craig Fitzgibbon (lock) converting and kicking 2 penalty goals. Bloody Billy Slater just had to score in the last 5 minutes, with storm captain Cam Smith converting Slater's shitty try.

With this particular Roosters win, I can say with confidence that the chookies are a real threat for taking the NRL premiership, having won 2 out of their first 3 games, things are looking good for the red, white and blue.

Only worrying factor was Anasta's high hit on a storm player. This incident could rise and possibly come across with the NRL judiciary which might find Anasta guilty, meaning loss of game time.

You can view an article of the game here.

No comments: